mpowered w/ magna
Online Learning for Dancers, Instructors, Entrepreneurs & Speakers.
Learn & grow at your own pace with Magna’s guided instruction.
Do you want to add more style and creativity to your dance?
This course is very organized, fun, and interesting. I’ve learned to think out of the box about dancing in a fascinating way that I have never encountered before. I now have a deeper understanding of the creative process.
Here's how you can expand your repertoire!
Shines/Footwork is one of the many ways we can express ourselves and connect with the music. Understanding how to step quickly and precisely, getting more grounded, and understanding different rhythms opens the doors to feeling more confident, looking more comfortable, and being more musical.
Improving your footwork not only improves your ability to express yourself alone but also lays the groundwork for many other aspects of dancing including leading, following, and spins.
This masterclass will provide you with the tools to improve your technique and increase your creative capacity so you can enhance your overall dance experience.
I really enjoyed this course! It’s based on the fundamentals of footwork and understanding how to create combos yourself. It’s one of the few courses that makes you think, not repeat sequences. If you push yourself to practice and create, this course can make you enjoy dancing even more!
Here’s What You’ll Learn
In this masterclass you will:
- Understand how to step with control, speed, and precision
- Learn how to build your own footwork combinations
- Learn creative tools that you can apply to other dance moves
- Understand how to connect your movements to the music
- Learn how to utilize the right muscles for better posture and alignment
- Improve your balance and coordination
- Use your arms in a way that complements your footwork
- Create a more fluid connection between upper and lower body movements
In addition to quality and detailed instruction, you will also have access to:
- Additional relatable tips provided to students during live class observations
- Q&A session replays that deep dive into additional elements and techniques to improve your understanding
- Homework and assignments to further your understanding and growth in between instructional modules
What I like about this course is that I learned a way of thinking vs memorizing combinations. I started to see the movements I created from a fresh point of view. This course is a great creative challenge with many opportunities for interesting and unexpected learning.
I’ve always enjoyed watching Magna’s connection with the music when she dances. This course was instrumental in showing me how to start working towards achieving that in my own dance. She provides very methodical, pragmatic, and achievable steps to help you do the same.