mpowered w/ magna
Online Learning for Dancers, Instructors, Entrepreneurs & Speakers.
Learn & grow at your own pace with Magna’s guided instruction.
Spins are difficult! Or are they?
If you feel this way, you're in the right place!
Spins are one of the most difficult things to master yet also one of the most common elements in salsa dancing. When we feel more comfortable with spins, the dance becomes more enjoyable and it’s easier for us to progress. This course will make the complicated easy to understand and help you accomplish your dance goals!
Spins can be easy!
In this progressive 5-week course, I will walk you step-by-step through the fundamental elements of spins:
- Body Positioning
- Generating & Controlling Momentum
- Stopping on a Dime
Each week you will receive a set of instructional videos building upon material from the previous week. This way, you will have time to practice and master each module before moving on.
Magna’s spinning course has definitely improved not only my spinning but my dancing in general. She does a phenomenal job breaking down the technique and applying analogies so students can understand.
This course is for you if:
- You just started dancing, know your basics, and are learning spins & turns.
- You are an intermediate/advanced dancer who would like to deepen your understanding.
- You learned techniques that just don’t work for you and want something that makes sense.
- You want the comfort of learning at your own pace instead of the rushed pace of a congress workshop.
- You don’t want to spend the time and money on traveling to congresses just to attend a packed class.
- You want the freedom to train from anywhere, anytime.
- You want quality detailed instruction from one of the best instructors in the industry.
Our Goal For This Course:
For us to truly feel comfortable with spins, we need to understand them from the inside out. This course will help you get to that level of understanding and comfort through paced learning where you will receive manageable chunks of instruction, and have time to practice, process, and master each week’s material before moving on.
You will develop a solid understanding of how to control your body through the preparation all the way to the end of a clean and complete spin. This control and awareness can be applied to all aspects of your dancing. Not only will you improve your spins but by applying these concepts, all of your movements in your dancing will be cleaner and more precise.
Magna’s instruction has not only helped me with spins but also with a better understanding of dancing and body mechanics in general. She is very detailed and thorough with great explanations and exercises. This course is well designed with a nice progression of content.